This week was BUSY! Meal prep is absolutely vital in busy weeks but I didn’t have any time to come up with a new meal plan so I recycled some goodies from previous weeks. This is a great thing about doing regular meal prep though, you know what works, you know what you can cook quickly and still keep everyone happy and well fed so you can throw together quick meals using previous recipes when you are in a bind.
- Wasa Crackers with Hummus
- Kale Tabbouleh
- 1 bunch kale. Destemmed and chopped
- I cucumber, diced small
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of couscous, cooked and cooled (Or bulgur, quinoa, farro, etc)
- A handful of fresh parsley, diced small
- In an effort to save time this week I used a pre-made lemon dressing mixed with olive oil. I like the Simply Dressed Lemon dressing but it is super lemony so make sure to whisk it with plenty of olive oil and taste often.
- Steamed Broccoli
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Wild Rice
- Various Fruit
Since this was kind of a crazy week it was nice to slow down this weekend, hit the farmers market and grill up a huge batch of veggie kabobs!