I kept seeing these homemade lunchables all over Pinterest so I decided to try out a vegan version this week! Normally I am NOT a fan of vegan cheese. There are some really disgusting vegan cheeses on the market BUT vegan food science is amazing and there are a few incredibly delicious vegan cheeses available now. The two best that I have found at our local Whole Foods are Chao (Field Roast) slices and Kite Hill (Cream Cheese, Soft Cheeses). These two cheeses are so good that I promise you will not miss traditional cheese. The Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese is dangerously tasty and addictive. If you are having a bad day, grab a tub and a bag of pretzels and I promise your day will get better!
- I am in a bit of a breakfast rut because I love the taste and convenience of these Green Monster smoothies! I promise to look up some new breakfast options for next week but for now I am content with my smoothies!
- Everyone remembers how fun lunchables were when we were kids. For some reason the weird little sandwiches were great and they came with a treat! It wasn’t until I was older that I realized how horrible they are for you (and of course filled with cruelty). This vegan version is not a super duper healthy lunch BUT it is tasty and a million times healthier than the original version!
- I used Lightlife Brand Vegan Turkey Slices, original Kite Hill cream cheese and Bacon flavored Ritz Crackers (Bacon flavored but totally vegan! They just have a great smoky, peppery flavor)
- Grapes and Apples
- My husband always wants a little extra food so he added hummus and pita to his lunchables
- As an Italian I can’t go too long without pasta so I made pasta and steamed broccoli for dinner boxes this week. But as a lazy Italian, I used a jarred marinara sauce for the base of the sauce! Time is always of the essence! I love a tangy marinara sauce so I add red wine vinegar and olive tapenade for a little briny kick.
- Apples and Peanut Butter – Best snack ever!!!
I am working towards a Masters in Dietetics and sometimes my sweet little Calico Sophie likes to help me study!