I realized that even though I have all these great Vegan cookbooks, I usually just get recipes on Pinterest. So in an effort to utilize some of these resources that I have in my kitchen, I pulled out my favorite vegan cookbook, Vegan Cooking for Carnivores by Chef Roberto Martin. This was one of the first vegan cookbooks that I ever purchased and it is still my favorite. I almost never cook a recipe without changing something but I very rarely change anything in Chef Roberto’s recipes. Every recipe I have made out of this book (which is most of them) has been amazing! He is the personal chef of Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi and his food really appeals to anyone. I HIGHLY recommend checking out his recipes!
- This was the only one this week not from Chef Roberto. His breakfast recipes are delicious (especially the tofu benedict with chipotle cream…yummmmm) but they aren’t ideal for meal prep. Instead, inspired by a super pushy lady selling granola at the Farmer’s Market, I pulled out the crock pot and made up a big batch of homemade granola
- This was great mixed with coconut milk yogurt or in a bowl with cashew milk like cereal. My husband put it on top of a bagel with peanut butter so the options are endless with granola!
- Spicy Noodle Salad – This is Kyle’s favorite mainly because of the spicy, peanutty (is that a word?) sauce. It gets better overnight so it is perfect for meal prep
- Blackened Tofu Caesar Salad – I keep the tofu separate so it doesn’t get soggy. The dressing is honestly better than any non-vegan Caesar dressing I have ever had!
- Garlic and Herb Baby Red Potatoes – Warning: You may never want to eat potatoes another way after you try this super simple recipe
- I know I am in a snack rut but I LOOOVVVEEE Apples with Peanut Butter! I really like the Krema/Crazy Richard’s brand of peanut butter because it is just peanuts, no palm oil, no added sugars, just yumminess.