I am continuing my journey through my cookbooks this week with The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon. I have already told you how much I love her Green Monster Smoothie and the rest of her stuff is equally delicious!
- Whole Wheat Toast with Magical Blueberry Vanilla Chia Seed Jam. This jam goes well with anything! It is perfect because you can completely control how sweet you want it. I don’t like super sweet jam so this is a great recipe to make a nice tart jam. Plus, this recipe was SUPER easy! I was amazed at how easy it was and how well the chia seeds worked as a thickener.
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich This recipe is a REVELATION for me!!!!! Before I was vegan, I loved a good tuna sandwich and I chocked it up to one of the things that I would just have to live without (happily!!!). I tried the canned vegan tuna and wasn’t a fan but this recipe is a total game changer. The texture was perfect, the flavor was great and the crunchy veggies in it were just right.
- Watermelon (Not pictured because I ate it too fast before remembering to take a pic!)
- Tex-Mex Casserole This is seriously tasty. I skipped the cheese and the chips on top and instead just ate it with some chips like a dip. I also added a lot of chipotles in adobo sauce which actually made it a bit too spicy for me and I ended up with nasty heartburn! If you have a sensitive stomach, skip the chipotles!!! The casserole does not need the extra heat, it is super tasty how it is!
- Crunchy Seed and Oat Flatbread *Note: I could not find a link to the original recipe so the link is for a blog that made some minor modifications which look good but if you want the original, check out the Oh She Glows Cookbook.* – I kept this in the fridge and it got a little chewy which was good! Not only is this tasty and healthy but it is a really visually appealing snack.
On a side note, I saw a statistic from National Geographic today that said that “On average, a vegan, a person who doesn’t eat meat or dairy, indirectly consumes nearly 600 gallons of water per day less than a person who eats the average American diet.” Keep up the good work vegans, you are awesome and you make a difference EVERY DAY!!!!!