Life is hectic. We all get busy and usually the first thing that we let slide is our own health. I was super guilty of that for the last two weeks. I have been overwhelmed with work and school and life and the only thing that I could cut out to make time was taking care of myself. I didn’t go to the gym for two weeks and was eating quick, easy meals instead of taking the time to prep healthy, nourishing meals and WOW did I feel the effects! I had a complete mental crash, could not focus, barely got off the couch and just felt overall like garbage for an entire day. I cannot stress enough how important it is to take care of ourselves! I have spent all day today just putting my life back in order, meal prepping, cleaning the house, tackling my giant to do list and I feel like a new person! Once I get in some time with the treadmill I think I will clear the last of the cobwebs out of my brain and I will be back to my normal ultra productive self!
Take the time to care for yourself. It is so important. You cannot help anyone else if you aren’t operating at your best level. Be your best! You deserve it! A HUGE part of that is diet and exercise. Nothing that I have ever tried has improved my mental, physical and emotional state as much as diet and exercise.
So prep yourself some tasty, nutritious food for the week and get ready to tackle whatever is ahead of you with the strongest possible version of yourself!
- Green Monster Smoothies for Me and Chickpea Mini Quiche for the husband
- Nothing helps me get back on track better than starting my day with these yummy smoothies from Oh She Glows!
- Kyle makes the mini quiches all for himself and therefore puts in pretty much everything he can find in the fridge. I think these ones had spinach, jalapenos, hot sauce, onion, shallots, orange bell peppers and who knows what else he threw in there! These are totally customizable so put in (or leave out!) whatever you want!
- Chickpea Salad Sandwiches with Salad
- I totally overloaded the chickpea salad mix with lots of extra veggies to make it really crunchy and satisfying. This is such a great sandwich and it holds up really well which makes it perfect for meal prep.
- Lentil, Split Pea Veggie Crock Pot Soup
- I was craving some kind of hearty, veggie filled soup so I saw what I had in my pantry and improvised a soup together. That is what is so great about soup, you throw it together and heat it up and it will probably taste good!
- I put all ingredients in the crock pot on high for ~5 1/2 hours then seasoned to taste with salt and pepper.
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 minced shallots
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 TBS dried parsley
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup dried split peas
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Roasted Chickpeas
- This time I added cajun seasoning and blackening spice to the chickpeas and let them cook extra long to get really crunchy. They are AMAZING!!!! I honestly could easily eat a whole bag of these, they are the best snack and so easy to make. If you aren’t already making these, MAKE THEM TODAY! You will love them! They are an awesome little protein boost whenever you need it.