So I don’t love the term clean eating. Mainly because everyone has their own definition of what it means and can use it to justify unhealthy eating habits sometimes (e.g “This giant T-bone steak is grass fed, humanely slaughtered and locally grown so I am totally eating clean!”). But the basics of “clean eating” are fantastic. Non processed, whole, unrefined foods are obviously better for us than the processed junk that is everywhere. BUT…that processed junk can taste really good sometimes! That is why it is so great to find recipes that taste amazing and satisfying without sacrificing the quality. The Mediterranean sweet potatoes in particular are so healthy but taste INCREDIBLE!
- Smoothies – Perfect start to a day! This week we used vanilla soy milk, spinach, chia seeds, frozen banana and mixed frozen fruits (blueberries, strawberries, peach, pineapple, mango)
- I always forget to take pictures of my smoothies since I make them so early in the morning so use your imagination! The blueberries give them a great purple-y color 🙂
- Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes
- This is hands down, without a doubt, one of the BEST recipes that I have ever come across (and I cook A LOT!). The flavors are perfection, it is easy to prepare, it holds up well all week and it is great for you! I cannot say enough about this recipe! I seriously looked forward to lunch all morning because these were so delicious! Lots of pictures! The pictures really don’t do justice to this recipe though, check out the authors blog because her pictures are lovely!
- Hearty White Bean Veggie Soup – This soup is so tasty and hearty and healthy. This is also an awesome way to add kale to your diet if you aren’t usually a big fan. The texture holds up really well in the soup but the flavor mellows out. Perfect for a chilly, fall evening!
- Hemp Protein Bites – If you are a fan of protein bars, switch to these immediately!!! They are SO quick and easy to make and you don’t have to worry about anything being in there that you don’t want. These are perfect for before or after a workout!
For your viewing pleasure, this is Ishmael and Koko doing their supermodel impressions! Have a great week everyone!