This week I had the unique challenge of doing my whole weekly meal prep with 3/4 of my kitchen already packed for the move! This is one of the times when being vegan is especially helpful because I could just rinse out a bowl and reuse it without worrying about transferring food borne illness from raw meat!
Since all my cookbooks have already been packed I needed to make food that didn’t require any sort of recipe. I am usually pretty loosey goosey with recipes anyways but this week was all simple foods that required no instruction!
- Breakfast Burritos with potatoes, tofu scramble and vegan sausage
- Customize however you like but I scrambled my tofu with onion, bell peppers, vegan sausage, potatoes and lots of spices. If you haven’t tried LightLife brand vegan sausage yet I suggest that you do! It tastes so close to real sausage that I had to double check the package to make sure! Add hot sauce and salsa and wrap up in a fluffy tortilla for a perfect breakfast!
- *TIP* Let the mixture cool before wrapping up the burritos or they will get a little soggy
- Dirty Rice with Steamed Broccoli
- Another meal where you can just add whatever you want! While my brown rice was cooking I sauteed The Holy Trinity/Mirepoix (Onion, Carrot, Celery, Bell Pepper) with Boca veggie ground crumbles then mixed everything together adding diced tomatoes and plenty of blackening and cajun spice.
- I steamed the broccoli then tossed with extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic salt.
- Pasta with Salad
- Everyone has their own favorite way to make pasta sauce so do whatever you like! I make mine with lots of onion, shallots, mushroom, olives and red wine vinegar for a unique sauce flavor.
- My favorite old standby of Apples and Peanut Butter! I have yet to find something easier and tastier!
Sorry the pictures were kinda bland this week, all my usual picture taking spots are filled with moving boxes! To make up for it here is a picture of Janie being adorable!