This weeks meals all have a very carnivorous quality to them but I promise they are 100% Vegan!!!! Not a single animal product in sight! All of these meals are cruelty free yet will make your biggest meat eating friend happy to come over for dinner!
- Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Whole Wheat English Muffin – Toasted
- Lightlife Vegan Sausage (I dare any meat eater to tell the difference between this and pork sausage!)
- Red Beans and Rice – Amazing, smoky flavor without the meat!
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Cajun Seasoning to taste
- Soak beans in cold water overnight
- Drain and add enough water (or vegetable stock) to cover beans in a crock pot
- Add all ingredients
- Cook on high ~4 hours, adding more water if gets too dry
- Serve with Brown Rice
- Chickpea Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- Chickpea Meatloaf – Oh how I continue my love affair with chickpeas! There is nothing that the humble chickpea cannot do!!! This recipe is amazing! The house smelled soooo good! The glaze on top has so much flavor and the consistency was so close to meatloaf, I was seriously in shock! I did add about 1/4 cup of oats to thicken it up just a bit but this recipe rocks!
- Simple Mashed Potatoes – Potatoes, vegan butter, salt, pepper, almond milk, vegan sour cream. Mashed by hand (because my mixer is packed away in a long lost box somewhere!)
- Banana Bread – This was all Kyle. I have to give complete props. I don’t actually like banana bread so I won’t make it but I had bananas that were over ripe so Kyle whipped this up and did a great job!
Weekly Dose of Cuteness! My Sweet Sophia Elizabeth! When she sleeps she looks so cute and sweet that you would never guess what an absolute bad ass she is!