I was planning on making chickpea quiche and jambalaya for meal prep this week but due to some ingredient oversights (i.e. me thinking that I had things in my pantry that I was actually out of!), I had to improvise. This is a great thing about cooking, it forces you to be creative. Use what you have and make it delicious! So my quiche turned into muffins and jambalaya became tortilla soup!
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
- I used this basic recipe but added 2 mashed bananas and about 3 TBS of peanut butter powder. I also added about a teaspoon of nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice (And obviously almond milk and egg replacer to veganize the recipe).
- Tofu Salad Sandwiches with Salad
- Load up your firm tofu with crunchy veggies (celery, onion, green onion, red pepper, dill pickle), spices (salt, pepper, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder), some classic mustard, vegan mayo and a splash of pickle juice and you will never be able to tell that it isn’t egg salad!
- Mexican Tortilla Soup with Millet Rolls
- The soup is extra great because it is made in the crockpot so you can just toss everything in and leave it all day while you work on other stuff. It also makes your house smell fantastic! I added in a can of rinsed black beans also for a little extra protein.
- The millet rolls were from a recipe for a loaf of wheat bread so I just tore it into chunks to make rolls instead. I love the addition of the millet and the oats to make the rolls much more interesting!
- Same as last week! If it’s not broke, don’t fix it! Trail Mix and Apples with Peanut Butter
Beagle Update: Jane is settling in well into the new house! 🙂