This week needed to be quick and cheap for a few reasons. #1 I just booked a trip to Italy so I need to start saving! #2 I had to work today so I had limited time to meal prep! This menu is a perfect example of how inaccurate it is when people say that eating vegan is expensive or complicated!
- My new favorite go-to breakfast is this Hot Cereal. It is so tasty and comforting and nutritious! My favorite way to prepare it is with hot water, mixed berries, a little plain soy yogurt and just a splash of vanilla almond milk creamer. YUMMM!
- Unstuffed Peppers – Basically just cook up all the ingredients for stuffed peppers in a big pot but instead of baking it inside the peppers, just chop up the peppers and throw them into the mix. Add whatever you like but this is what I used…
- Mirepoix (Onion, Celery, Carrot)
- Brown Rice
- Bell Peppers
- Large can diced tomatoes
- Beyond Meat Beef Crumbles
- Cajun Seasoning/Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Hummus with Carrots and Celery
- Vegetable Soup – Easy Peasy! Throw everything in a crockpot and go about your day! I found some tasty, vegan frozen rosemary rolls to go with the soup also.
- Cannellini Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Vegetable Broth
- Green Beans
- Oregano/Basil/Rosemary/Salt/Pepper to taste
- Mini Popcorn Bags
- Red Grapes
This week shows that even when you are short on time or money you can still have a week’s worth of healthy, tasty, cruelty free meals!
Have a great week everyone!!!