Now that I have conducted a super high tech and scientific research study to prove unequivocally that meal prepping is the best plan I am back at it this week! I realized that it has been too long since I used my favorite ingredient, the mighty and magical chickpea, so I used them for lunch and dinner this week.
- What is better than vegan yogurt, granola and fresh berries?!? Mixing them all together! Breakfast perfection!
- Vegan Cottage Cheese with Wasa Crackers
- I was super stoked to try this recipe for vegan cottage cheese because that is something that I really missed from my pre-vegan days. This recipe turned out pretty dang close to the real thing! I recommend adding some unsweetened vegan yogurt for a little of that almost sour flavor and I added a splash of unsweetened almond milk as well.
- Celery with peanut butter
- When celery is on sale “buy one get one free”, who can resist?!??! Pre-making these celery sticks is a great snack to have on hand because it is quick to grab and satisfying. It is so much easier to eat healthy when you have ready to eat snacks that require no work. I did half with creamy peanut butter and half with chunky. As always, make sure that your peanut butter only has one ingredient…PEANUTS!!! Don’t waste your time with all the other oil and sugar junk.
- Hummus Soup with Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- Yum and Yum. How to improve hummus? Make it into a soup! Tasty, filling and healthy, what more could you want?!
Have a great week everyone!