This week I had family over for a vegan brunch. Plans got changed and it became vegan brinner! I always love sharing our food with other people to show that it is normal and tasty food! The best way to get people interested in vegan food is to show them how delicious and easy it can be! I completely forgot to take pictures of the food because I suck but here is the menu in case you need any ideas for a vegan Easter brunch!
- Biscuits with Blueberry/Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
- Roasted Potatoes
- Tofu Benedict with Chipotle Cream
- Mimosas – Don’t even bother having a brunch without Mimosas!
For this week’s menu I was NOT feeling like doing much cooking so I needed a quick and easy meal prep. Also, my sister has recently moved in and wanted to start eating more beans so I wanted to share some easy bean recipes with her.
- Kyle LOVED the breakfast last week and it required almost no prep so it was an easy decision to have it again!
- Unsweetened Soy Yogurt, Granola and Berries
- Lunchables with 3-Bean Salad , Carrots and Hummus
- I love this salad. It is refreshing and tasty and packed with nutrients and protein!
- For the lunchables I used bacon flavored (Vegan!) Ritz Crackers, vegan cream cheese and Tofurkey pepperoni slices, baby carrots and hummus.
- Bean and Veggie Soup with Crackers – Toss everything in crock pot and season to taste!
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock
- 5 stalks Celery
- 4 large Carrot
- 1 large or 2 medium Onion
- 2 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 can Diced Tomatoes
Happy First Day of Spring and if you celebrate, Happy Nowruz! Jane certainly enjoyed the sunshine today!